Welcome to one of my favorite things. I've spent the better part of 20 years working on my home, and I'd like to share with you what I have learned. I hope you enjoy it, and maybe learn a thing or two.
RSS

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Now That The Hollidays Are Over...


Now that December is done... We can return to life as normal or abnormal as it may be. I didn't get much accomplished during the last month, but I did have a good time. So I thought that it might be fun to share some of our activities this month, and then I have an announcement for future projects.

My children are to the age that buying Christmas presents has become extremely difficult. All an eighteen and nineteen year old wants is cash. Not a big fan (even though it’s easy). It just feels a little empty to me. I spent the summer thinking about how we could do something different, after all it won’t be long before they are moved out and on their own (at least we can only hope). So we decided on a trip. Our destination? Park City, UT.












And if that wasn’t fun enough, our good friends scored tickets to the Rose Parade and Rose Bowl Game in Pasadena, CA. Now, if you have never seen the Rose Parade in person, I suggest that you do it at least once in your life. (Oh, and make sure that you are not near the end of the parade route. My understanding is that the enthusiasm, understandably so, dwindles by the end.)







SO HERE IS THE BIG ANNOUNCEMENT…My sister and I put an offer in on a house to flip it! There will be so many projects and I will document it all! We hope to close by the end of March. I will keep you posted, but in the mean time, I have a few other things around here so show you.


Happy New Year and Happy Fixing!

0 comments:

Post a Comment