Welcome to one of my favorite things. I've spent the better part of 20 years working on my home, and I'd like to share with you what I have learned. I hope you enjoy it, and maybe learn a thing or two.
RSS

Saturday, October 24, 2009

Welcome!


Welcome to the girls guide to taking care of things around the house! It doesn't matter if you are renting or own your home. Over the coming weeks, I will show you how to take care of all the little things that seem so go wrong on a daily basis around the house. We will tackle everything from maintenance on your household appliances to switching out broken plugs and light switches to patching holes in sheetrock. (Yes, I have three sons and it seems like there is always a hole in the wall somewhere!)

So why did I decide to do this? I have been married for 20 years. When we first got married, we bought a fixer-up house. (That my husband was going to fix up....yea...Some of you know exactly what I am talking about.) I learned quickly that once you add children, and delete one income, your visions of the future take crazy turns! Well, ours did. Our first two children came one year apart (whoops), and my husband worked a lot to take care of us. I could only stand living in that fixer-upper so long before I started taking on little projects. And guess what? I was pretty good at it.

I figured that there might be some budding "handy-women" like me out there, and this might be a great place to share some of our collective knowledge. Now, don't get the wrong idea. I am NOT a licensed contractor. I am just one of you who need to get some stuff done around the house, and if I had to listen to my wonderful hubby say, "I'll get to it" one more time, I was going postal! I may not have a license, but I have 20 years of working around this house and as you can see from the pictures. I think I've done a pretty good job!

Happy Fixing!

Ps. Yes, those are pictures of the same house. They were taken exactly 19 years apart, and my husband and I did all the work!

0 comments:

Post a Comment